Ocean To Summit Adventure
- Duration: 19 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Byron Bay, NSW
- Product code: O2S
The great outdoors calling? Take a walk (and kayak!) on the wild side with the Byron Bay ‘Ocean To Summit Tour’!
Ocean kayaking, wild dolphins, camp fires, night time stargazing, early morning bushwalking, ancient rainforests and jaw-dropping panoramic views await you on the Byron Bay 'Ocean To Summit Tour'.
Unlike any other Byron Bay tour, the 'Ocean To Summit Tour' combines two of Byron Bay’s must-do experiences – kayaking with dolphins and climbing Mount Warning at sunrise.
This overnight Byron Bay tour kicks off with a three hour afternoon ocean kayak with our partner Go Sea Kayak Byron Bay, that offers some of the best dolphin spotting in Byron Bay - not to mention turtles and migrating whales (during the winter months). From here, we hit the road for a scenic drive through the Byron hinterland to the Mount Warning National Park where we set-up camp for the night. Unwind and relax around the campfire while you enjoy a delicious BBQ dinner and toast marshmallows before spending the night in your tent under the stars.
The next morning, after a delicious continental breakfast, take to the walking track for a two hour (4.5km) self-guided climb up Mount Warning reaching the summit as the sun starts to rise over the easternmost point of Australia. Soak up the awe-inspiring hinterland and ocean views before hitting the descent, which is equally as rewarding with the sounds of the rainforest, rich native wildlife and ancient palms and tree ferns. Every footstep on Mount Warning is like travelling back through hundreds of millions of years.
- Kayak up close with dolphins, whales(May to October) and turtles at Byron's beautiful Marine Park
- Enjoy a free afternoon tea before you weave your way trough beautiful landscape towards our overnight camp where you start your Mount Warning Adventure
- Enjoy a delicious BBQ (veg. options available upon request) and roast marshmellows around the campfire
- Camp under the stars (tents/sleeping equip. provided)
The Next Morning
- Breakfast before you start your walk
- Transfer to the start/end of the summit walk
- Start your self-guided 9km, 4 hours return walk
- Pick up from the start/end of the summit walk
- Weave your way through beautiful landscape as you return home